A Healthy Lifestyle – supported by People Trails
• Partner with businesses to encourage employees’ tracking of “trail miles” and support of events centered around the People Trail.
• Partner with BCSC and all schools to improve safety and accessibility of the routes to school.
• Partner with CRH to continue AND increase challenges such as Commit to Commute, Bartholomew County on the Move and Holiday Hustle, adding events centered around the trail offering a safer, more accessible, and more connected network.
• Increase quality of life for our residents
• 2011 Bicycle & Pedestrian Plan Survey: 75.8-97.9% agree: “I would like to live in a community where I can bike/walk to meet the needs of my lifestyle.”
• Promote physical activity and lower obesity for Columbus residents and beyond
• 2011 Columbus Parks & Rec Master Plan Public Survey: 99% of respondents use the trail for exercise and fitness.
• 2008 Bicycle & Pedestrian Survey: 89% of respondents would bicycle from home to recreational trails if adequate facilities were present.
“Every $1 investment in trails for physical activity led to $2.94 in direct medical benefit.”
Cost-Benefit Analysis of Physical Activity Using Bike/Pedestrian Trails Journal: Health Promotion Practice; April 2005