Key Benefits for Employers and Business
- Increase and support the commuter population by providing more efficient and safer routes to employment centers throughout our City.
- CRH Healthy Lifestyles Action Team challenged residents to “Commit to Commute”
- 2011 Summer Challenge (6 months): 65 participants commuted 17,131 miles
- 2011-2012 Winter Challenge (3 months) : 70 participants commuted 11,872 miles 2008 Bicycle & Pedestrian Plan Survey
- 60% of 1,149 respondents stated they would bicycle to work if adequate facilities were present. 2011 Bicycle & Pedestrian Plan Survey
- 70% of 787 respondents said they would walk and 88.5% said they would bike to work if adequate facilities were present.
- Attract new employees by boasting on an “active community with high quality lifestyle accommodations.”
- Lower health care costs by encouraging active living.
“Because trails may attract people…they have significant potential to serve as engines of economic development.” The Indiana Trails Vision